The Bellini cocktail is a legendary cocktail that originated from Venice, Italy. The drink was created by the famous barman Giuseppe Cipriani, the owner of Harry’s bar in Venice. This fine wine was named after the creator’s favourite painter Giovanni Bellini, an Italian artist whose painting of saint’s tag matched the cocktails glowing pink colour. The cocktail rose from Venice to become one of the most loved champagnes in the world today, however, the cocktail is very difficult to make because most of its major ingredients are either not available or out of season. Most persons have not actually tasted the original Bellini cocktail that is marinated in the right way as the lack of its major ingredients have caused so many mixers to use substitute ingredients that are readily available to them. So, if you are dying to have a taste of the original creation of the Bellini cocktail, this article is here to provide you with the basic ingredients and the right steps you will follow to achieve this goal effectively.
The Basic Ingredients for Bellini Cocktail
The ingredients used for the Bellini recipe are:
- Sparkling wine or champagne, extra dry (prosecco usually gives the best result)
- White peaches (pureed)
The optional ingredients that can be added to give the Bellini extra flavours are:
- Peach or apple schnapps
- Raspberry puree
- Fine sugar
Basic Equipment for The Preparation of Bellini
- A Highball Glass
Basic Time Requirements to Prepare Bellini
- You will use 5 minutes for pureeing the peaches (if needed).
- You will use 5 minutes for the mixing.
For the basic traditional Bellini Recipe
- 2 parts of pressco or an extra dry sparkling wine
- 1 part of peach puree (1 puree peach)
- Add the peach puree at the bottom of a high glass champagne flute.
- Add a little raspberry puree or grenadine puree on top of the peach puree (optional).
- Finally, add the pressco or the sparkling wine to fill the glass.
- Do not turn or stir.
- You can dip the rims of the champagne flutes in a bowl of fine sugar for extra sweetness, just like how margarita glasses are dipped in salt.
The recipe above is the traditional recipe from the creator of the cocktail Giuseppe Cipriani. But if you want the quick and easy Bellini Recipe maybe due to lack of the essential ingredients, like peach puree which is very difficult to find or the lack of time to puree their own peach, you can follow the easy version below:
Ingredients for the quick version:
- 7–8 parts of the extra dry sparkling wine.
- 1 part of peach schnapps.
- Add the peach schnapps at the bottom of a champagne flute.
- Add little grenadine or raspberry puree on the top (optional).
- Gently add the extra dry sparkling wine to fill the glass.
- Remember, do not stir.
So, if you have been dying to learn how to make your own Bellini the “Giuseppe Cipriani” way, following the recipe above will ensure you get the best cocktail that will always blow your mind at just one sip.